Monday 10 September 2018

Orchard Lines by marge. No.21 in my series of LINES.

We were on a road trip from our
home in Yorkshire, to look at Castles,
In the Hereford, Gloucester area.
As a passenger on a long journey,
you see so much, some things
you did not expect. I saw Orchards,
Apple Orchards.


I was surprised at the sizes of them.
Apple trees, as far as the eye could see.
Red Apples, Green Apples, apples of every sort.
Some trees must be late flowering,
Showing lots and lots of blossom.


Then I discovered something else,
some fields were full of young trees,
hardly any fruit at all. Then, fields full
of medium trees with a good crop of apples.
Old, mature trees, still well fruited,
but trunks and branches old and
gnarled. I thought it is a Production
Line based over three fields.


The fields were hedged for protection,
The trees all planted in neat lines,
just like soldiers standing to attention.
Some diagonal lines, some straight.
What a fantastic sight, not at all
Like my beloved Yorkshire.

No comments:

Post a Comment