Wednesday 19 September 2018

Railway Lines by marge. No. 23 in my series on the theme of LINES.

I have Railway Lines at the bottom of my garden.
This one is the Leeds/ London line -  
we have Virgin Rail racing to and fro.
Also on this line is the stopping train -
Doncaster/ Leeds - slow and not very clean.
These trains are the rejects of
London’s transport.

At the side of my street, is the Sheffield to York Service,
we get all sorts of trains on this line.
Steam Trains on their way to, or from,
the Train Museum at York.
Puff, puff, puff - toot. toot. toot
as they pass through the nearby
Train Sation of Moorthorpe.

The trains do not bother me, they are
part of my life. I can sleep through the
night and never hear them, not even
the Goods Trains that when they stop.
38 sets of buffers clunk, clunk, clunk
into each other.


In nearby Doncaster, there is the
history of train building, that  we
can be proud of. It has begun as
a new idea of a College to teach
girls and boys how to build future
trains, Making sure that there is
continuity of building so that
there will be Trains  
Running on the Rail…...
Lines Running Forever…….

No comments:

Post a Comment