Monday 8 January 2018

Early morning light

Early Morning Light.                                              (6.00 a.m., 18.8.17)

My coughing woke me up.
Unable to lay down any longer,
I collect my clothes
not wanting to disturb my
sleeping husband.

Stumbling down the stairs,
clinging to the bannister.

I make a cup of coffee
and take it into the
living room.

Opening the curtains
there it is, my street!
Suddenly.

it is filled with early
morning light, brown tiled
roofs are flushed by the
rising sun.

The tree in the garden,
It’s lime green leaves turned
bright gold.

Looking down the street,
The sky is pink and golden.
Grey cotton-wool clouds dot
the sky.


The intensity of the
early morning light takes my
breath away.

The sun is not yet in sight
yet, but its power and
brightness make me know that
morning has broken.

Yes, it is worth being
awake so early to see

the sun rising.

No comments:

Post a Comment