Saturday 30 September 2017

A poem for National Poetry Day, 2017. Theme: Freedom.

Freedom of the Sofa.

Do you watch the Channel 4
the programme, Gogglebox?
We do!

What a people watching
opportunity this is.
They watch T.V.,
we watch them.

People sitting in their
homes, on their Sofas,
watching telly...

Table in front of the with
goodies to nibble.
A lady sits and knits.

The advert breaks show,
Sofa-ology, hurry, hurry,
Hurry! Buy yours, now!

But do they have
freedom of the Sofa.
Who has freedom of the sofa?

is it the dogs?
Most families have one!
Large or small.

Big dogs dominate,
sitting on people who are
sitting on Sofa’s

Little dogs, roll about
or sleep on their people,
on Sofas.

People laughing at programmes,
People discussing programmes
People and dogs in piles
On their sofa’s.

So, who has freedom
of the Sofas bought that,
we see on the telly?

I think the dogs win,
I think Sofa shops, win,
I think I win,
I wrote a poem
About Freedom and Sofa’s!

People just sit on
Their Sofa’s bought
in response to
Sofa-ology adverts!

I have freedom,
I have sofa
I watch Gogglebox.

I do not have a dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment