Thursday 21 September 2017

Green Men.

I have had an interest in finding out about the Green Man, did a bit of ‘googling’ and found this poem by Mike Harding. While the Green Man is mostly about the head and face carved in wood, there is a Wild Man, who is represented as a whole man, similarly, he is carved out of wood.

Mike Harding was a singer/songwriter and comedian in the 1960's, you can see his work on Utube. He has written and illustrated several books with his own photographs, I have two of them: The Little Book of the Green Man and Footloose in the Himalaya. He is a multi-talented man!!


The Green Man.       By Mike Harding.

I am the face in the leaves,
I am the laughter in the forest,
I am the King in the wood,
I am the blade of grass
that thrusts through the stone cold clay
at the dark of winter.
I am before and I am after,
I am always and the end
I am the face in the forest,
I am the laughter in the leaves.


No comments:

Post a Comment