Sunday 10 September 2017

Poems by other people found on the internet on Pinterest. I particularly like the second one, having spent a beautiful week near Filey in North Yorkshire and feeling my own soul in unison with the sea there.

Song of Sapphique.      From a book by Catherine Fisher.
Walls have ears.
Doors have eyes.
Trees have voices.
Beasts tell lies.
Beware the rain.
Beware the sun.
Beware the man,
You think you know.

-------------------------------

The Song of my Soul.    By Brenda Stephens 2014.
I sing a song of my soul to the sea
By the crashing waves I am wild and free
My thoughts fly off to places afar
Through the blackest sky and shooting stars.
I run with my thoughts along the shore
I see things there I never saw before.
I feel at peace and at one with the sea
It brings out the poet in me
It doesn’t matter if its warm
Or being whipped up by a storm
I cast my thoughts into the blue

And then I send my love to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment